Google Summer of Code 2011 Ideas¶
This page is kept for historical purposes. Please check the latest year’s ideas page for the most up to date information.
Welcome to the Oregon State University Open Source Lab Google Summer of Code Ideas page.
Ganeti Web Manager¶
Ganeti Web Manager is a Django based web application that allows administrators and clients access to their Ganeti virtualization clusters. Through Ganeti Web Manager users can deploy and manage virtual servers. Ganeti Web Manager is being built by the Open Source Lab to support Supercell, a testing cloud for open source projects.
Visit our irc channel #ganeti-webmgr on freenode for help getting started.
- REST API that other applications and scripts can use for automated deployments to a GWM enabled cluster.
- LIBCloud driver for Ganeti Web Manager REST API.
- Add Selenium tests to the test suite
- Xen support
- Realtime Metrics for virtual machines
- Basic Puppet Integration - configuration management
- Update the cache synchronizer to use twisted and support synchronization of all ganeti objects
- Add visualization of clusters, nodes, and or virtual machines.
Django Object Permissions¶
Object permissions is an implementation of row level permissions. It also includes functionality for editing Groups.
- Improving User Actions Related to group membership
- Finish implementation of Related object queries:
- Tickets are partially implemented with unittests. Some queries did not work and need to be rewritten to generate proper SQL.
- This project requires in depth knowledge of django QuerySets including Q clauses and F clauses.
Django Object Log¶
Object Log is a pluggable django app providing the ability to log user actions on model instances. It allows verbose messages defined by other apps.
Add the ability to store arbitrary data, and automatically cache data for log entries: